Sunday, April 23, 2006

I-Fri: Robot

What would we do without them eh?

So a bit of a break from watercolours this week - just pen and pencil on linen paper - but that was yesterday.

TODAY, I took a one day watercolour workshop and am v. excited to start experimenting more! I feel like I understand washes and wet-on-wet techniques now. Also I got a very beautiful wash brush and realised that my paper is really crap! So I'm going to get some new paper and then let the games begin! So watch this space - I hope to post more soon.

In fact, I am setting a task for myself: A cover I have been asked to illustrate for a take-home reading book, which I was going to do digitally because I am comfortable there, well I'm going to make it my first "real" (as in "paid") watercolour job. Hey, if I can't get it right I can always go back to Painter IX in a flash, but sometimes I think the best way to learn is just to jump and and set challenges for yourself so.... wish me luck!


sesame said...

Hey, good luck and certainly hope to see your great piece here. Have been silently enjoying your work. :)

Courtney said...

great line drawings, love how you've shown them in action. good luck and congrats on your job. :)

Sweet Pea said...

A positive attitude, I like it! - and I have a feeling that the cover is going to turn out great!

JO said...

These little drawings are great. Good luck with your cover.