Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pick o the week! + first moleskine sketches

Hey! I land in the US and at my parents' lil ol dialup machine to find that Illustration Friday has chosen lil ol me as lil ol Pick of the Week! I can't say that "Wired" was my best work for IF but that's okay, I'll definitely take the honour! so thanks to I-F, and thanks to all my I-F buddies and anyone else who might be lurking on this blog (you know who you are!) I always appreciate your comments and it's nice to know that even my silliest little doodles get to see the light of day.

Speaking of which, here are some silly doodles from my 24-hour-melbourne-to-portland-travelling-ordeal. I really like my japanese brush and the little sketches are fun. I'm looking forward to really getting into it, and i think i might try collaging in bits of travel things I collect along the way (bus tickets, business cards, etc.) I'm also looking forward to getting some pigma micron pens when we go into downtown Portland (I couldn't seem to find them in Melbourne.) Anyway, here we go with my first real moleskine on-the-spot sketches...


3 comments:

nadja said...

Oh I love your illustrations, they are so much fun! Have a great adventure! Seeing your drawings of your trip really made me reminisce about my years in the US..

Unknown said...

your illos are so cute and lovely!!

Paige Keiser said...

cute cute cute!!! I love all these little moleskin drawings!