Sunday, October 26, 2008

I-F: Late

I guess it's appropriate that I'm late for the IF topic 'Late'. This week's topic is 'repair' - um, so I suppose if the bough did break, there would be some repairs necessary? There you go. brilliant.

This is for my friend who is about to have a baby. I don't think she'll be so foolish as to put her baby in a tree top, but you never know.

Made fresh today using watercolours, coloured pencil, ink and collaged paper. (it's only a paper moon...) Hope you enjoy!

ps. I am having a giveaway of my latest children's book Surprise! - check out my earlier post if you would like to be in the drawing, and click on the graphic to the right to see the 'making of' xx

17 comments:

soulbrush said...

this is adorable, i hope her baby's not late or she might want to put it in a treetop.

Kris-Tea said...

Nice illo ^^

Ria said...

I hope the tree is strong enough so no repair needed. :-) Nice one.

Unknown said...

Better late than never ...clever entry into repair. Your illustrations are so adorable.

NANCY LEFKO said...

adorable....I like your use of text for the leaves and moon

Vickie said...

It's so sweet. I love the colors and the paper moon.

trowbridge chronicles said...

I always enjoy seeing your charming work.

Dot said...

hehe, hilarious theme tie-in! cute illo too :)

Scooter said...

Nice illo- I like how you use words in the leafs- nice touch. I also think the characters are appealing. Nice work. Thanks for the comment:)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

haha you have a good sense of humour. sweet illo too.

Curious Art said...

Lovely cone/nest/bassinet for the little one, & the collaged text in the leaves & moon add to the fantasy...

Nina Seven N7 said...

ah, so sweet, kim! thanks for your comment on mine!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!

kathy hare said...

so beautiful and sweet..

veroletto said...

I like it! It gives me a sense of peace. It seems to be a quite nite. And..., I think the baby feels safe there.
(Thanks for your comment in my first IF participation. It was nice to know someone stoped at my blog to leave some sweet words)

Anonymous said...

Great watercolor! I really like the colors and the whimsy. Nice work.

lil kim said...

Thanks everyone!