Thursday, January 22, 2009

chirp, chirp

the crickets are chirping because there hasn't been much happening on this blog lately. sorry about that, but let me assure you, there has been a flurry of behind-the-scenes activity!


I've painted my hallway (but still want to do a mural), have illustrated 1.5 out of 4 books, witnessed history (go Obama!), had a birthday, got some good books (see below) and have been watching the tennis as much as possible (in person last night, but in breaks from painting today)

So no illustrations to show you at the moment, but here are some books I would like to share. I finally got around to getting some of my buddies' books, and they are all so amazing in different ways:

firstly the fabulously illustrated and beautifully produced Haunted Ghoul Bus by Jannie Ho aka chickengirl. So much humour, so much colour, so much WORK! Way to go Jannie!


then, the incredibly soft and beautiful I Love You All Year Round, the debut book from Alicia Padron - and a pop-up book no less! So sweet and heartwarming, in words and pictures. Gorgeous, Alicia :)


and then a novel called Couch from an old (okay, not that old) college friend Benjamin Parzybok. It's sort of a modern day Lord of the Rings type quest where 3 guys deliver a magical couch back to ... somewhere, I haven't gotten that far yet, but I think I will soon as I am devouring it. Well done Ben!


Then for my birthday I got this book which is next on my list to devour: Noa Noa - The Tahiti journal of Paul Gauguin. it is filled with actual excerpts of his journal with sketches and original penned diary entries in French. i know I'm going to love it!

and i must apologize to anyone who has left a comment or sent an email recently who i haven't responded to. i've been working hard on my books but will get back into blogosphere soon ... Hope you are all well and happily busy out there in bloggy land!

5 comments:

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

awww thank you, kim. I really appreciate you getting my book...I'm very excited!!!

So many great books! I have one of Alicia's books...I haven't seen this pop up one yet..I 'll have to check that out.

Ben Parzybok said...

Thanks for the mention, Kim! The other books look great - I (along with my 2&5 year olds) will check them out.

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

THANK YOU so much you sweet girl!!! xoxo

You are so wonderful Kim :o)
I can't wait to see the books you are working on! You are busy and that is great. Four books, I'm very proud of you...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I didn't know it was your birthday, hope you had a wonderful day with hubby and friends. :o)

Sorry I've been absent too. I am trying to cut back on my blogging time. It does take a lot of time from my day. But I still visit.

I don;t know if you sent the book yet, just wanted to let you know that it hasn't arrived. It takes a while to get things here and I imagine all the way from Australia is even worse.

Take care and good luck wth those books!!
Oh, and I want to see the pics of your new painted walls :o)

xo
Ali

Danno said...

Advantage... Fleming!

lil kim said...

no problem guys, always happy to spread the love :-)

And Danno - glad to know you are still out there and that the blue screen of death hasn't lived up to its name! Thanks for the little touch base.