Sunday, May 03, 2009

every day in may : day three

I went to another workshop at the williamstown literary festival today. This one was with Lucia Nardo about making a visual plan for writing, by sourcing images from magazines, etc. to make a 'writing map'. This really appealed to me - a visual outline of words sounds like a great idea.


The workshop was all a bit airy fairy though, without any structure of how to represent your book, so the end product ended up a bit primary school. Perhaps this was just a function of having limited time, but I feel the writing map idea needs to be taken further. Lucia was great though - lots of fun and kept the morning rolling. I also got to meet some lovely people so that was a plus.

anyway, here is my cut and paste job, which is more generally about writing for kids, travel and home:



No comments: