Saturday, September 26, 2009

I-F: Pattern

There are a lot of different patterns going on here - and I suppose 2 by 2 is a pattern too!


This is my submission for Illustrators Australia's annual 9x5 exhibition, where artists paint a piece of wood 9x5 inches in dimension. I used watercolours and coloured pencils for this -- I've never painted w/c on wood before so that was quite interesting!

The theme this year was "20" seeing as it is IA's 20th year anniversary. Mine is entitled '2 x 10'.

All pieces are for sale. You can go have a gander at them here, and bid! Or better yet, come along on the night if you are in Melbourne - Friday October 9th. Not long now!

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Oooh it's gorgeous - so pretty and decorative, so cute!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

What a wonderful illustration. I love your treatment on this piece. It has such a warm delightful feel to it. Very well done.

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Soo cute Kim! I love the monkey in the middle!! :o)
You did a great job painting with watercolor on wood. I tried once and is not easy. xo

Loni Edwards said...

Very nice Kim! I imagine w/c on wood would be quite challenging. You did a beautiful job!

ValGalArt said...

I counted 20 adorable animals! This is so wonderful, you did real good :)

Paige Keiser said...

Oh I LOVE this!!

Alissa said...

So cute and beautifully drawn. I love how the composition makes your eye bounce playfully from animal to animal!

Susan Faye said...

Fun illustration for both themes!

Shirley said...

Beautiful illustration!! Great job for this prompt.

Amy C said...

totally cute and I love the juggling monkey, he is adorable.