Thursday, October 15, 2009

Phew!

I am excited to report that I have finished the rough sketches/layouts for my current book. Just some scanning and a bit of touching up, then they will be off on Monday!


I have to say that I am having the BEST TIME with this book. It has been so much fun, so free. It's just sublime to interpret and bring my ideas to a text that isn't completely straight forward, and allows some room for humour and interesting perspectives.

Once I've 'officially' sent off the roughs I'll post some more about my process of illustrating this book (without giving anything away of course!) Until then if you were curious you can check out some posts (starting here) that I did when illustrating my previous book Surprise!

more soon...

1 comment:

Mônica said...

That is just sooooo cool, Kim! I love these characters you created and I can't wait to see them in action!