Saturday, July 17, 2010

Check em out

I'm checking up on some of the speakers who will be at the SCBWI conference. I got into illustration after I left North America, so even though I'm pretty au fait with who's who in australian illustration, I don't know some of the most common names in the US. So I'm doing my research. lookie at these heavyweights:


(he's got a great website)

(can't you just feel that rain?)


Priscilla Burris - website & blog
(who, incidentally, bought my ripple painting, and who I'm looking forward to meeting at the conference. She also did all of the illustrations for this year's conference materials -- sweet!)


(some lovely mexican influences here)

Phew! I think I need a nice cup of tea and a good lie down now...

3 comments:

Caz Williams said...

LOL! I am doing the same for the authors over there. It's such fun finding out about everyone - but I have to convince myself that this is WORK. I just feel like I'm slacking off, web surfing all the time. See you soon!

lil kim said...

haha, yes I know it's too fun isn't it? I feel so lucky to get to see and be inspired by all these talented people.

See you soon Caz!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

thanks for the links ! i like that little sketch below of the boy in the mud; very nostalgic