Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Make Art That Sells : Babywear market

This week was all about baby wear - so right up my alley. Cute, fun, whimsical.

Topic: Pirates!!! Lots of fun!

So first I did some sketching and came up with the idea of doing Pirate Pigs! I made it into a bit of a pattern and everything - was all ready to start painting, and then I realised it's not really very 'baby' like. perhaps a bit of an older child with slightly edgier look and swords and everything??




so I quickly had to resketch as the assignment was upon us to do use our sketches to create a pattern for a baby onesie, and went for the all-out-cute factor.


I added in some hand carved stamps (which I am REALLY enjoying doing) and here's how the main pattern turned out:


I made up a placement graphic (a single image that might be used by itself as opposed to a pattern)


 and put it all together with some 'coordinate' patterns. ta dah!!!



and we're already into this week's market: scrapbooking! check back next week for another post.


No comments: