Saturday, July 12, 2008

I kneaded this.

It has been really lovely to have a bit of a break from illustration-as-work and to do some other creativey things. "Creativey things" to me includes cooking and it has been great to cook for pleasure as opposed to subsistence ie. "must have something quick so I can get back to work". So... I finally tried something I have been threatening to do for a long time and made bread! It turned out really well (so yummy!) and I was very proud of myself :



this could be the beginning of something beautiful... do I hear herb bread...? olive bread...? raisin bread....? ummmmm. With the price of everything going up these days it's nice to be able to provide some of the basics yourself. I have dreams of veggie gardens and fruit trees. all in time...

My next creative endeavour is a mosaic house number to continue to improve the front of our house so the neighbours feel a bit better about us ;-) This will be my first mosaic ever but I hope it will be the beginning of something else beautiful!!

3 comments:

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Good for you! I've been cooking quite alot myself too these days, even with the hot weather. It can definitely be a creative thing.

The bread looks yummy! (and really cute too)

Jules Madden said...

Haha! Awesome... I've been thinking of making some bread too. And it's so much more rewarding to eat when you've made it yourself!

I made pizza dough a couple of weeks ago- so satisfying.

What has my life come to when I get so excited about dough!!? Tragic :)

Enjoy that bread!

Doodlestreet said...

Have you ever tried making sourdough? My dad used to make that all the time. I guess you have to make the sourdough starter first...it looks funky but the end result is oh so good!