Wednesday, October 09, 2013

And we're off... MATS Mini assignment Week 1 - Fabric

I'm so excited to be participating in Lilla Roger's Make Art That Sells e-course for the next 5 weeks. Each week covers a different market for illustration and this first week is fabric lines. The amount of information she has given us already is invaluable, and the amount of inspiration has my head spinning so much that I couldn't sleep last night!!

We are part of an amazing community and there are many talented illustrators across the world who are participating in this course, so I feel very lucky to be a part of it, and am eager to see what everyone comes up with.

I'm also eager to see what I come up with myself! Lilla encourages us to experiment and use lots of different media. I'm excited to try combining my traditional painting with my digital skills, and am also really excited to try some more hand-carved stamps (which I think will work perfectly for this week's challenge doing repeating patterns!)

Each week we get a mini assignment to draw/think about certain images ("icons") and then a main assignment is revealed a few days later.

Our first assignment was to draw berries and casserole dishes, so here is what I have been sketching:







I decided to just do sketches and save colour work for the main assignment. Just playing with shapes to give me some good 'ingredients' for my main piece.  SO FUN!

Looking forward to tackling the main assignment :)

No comments: